2012-2013 NEAR EAST & SOUTH ASIA UNDERGRADUATE EXCHANGE PROGRAM
Brief Scholarship Description:
The Near East and South Asia Undergraduate Exchange Program, NESA UGRAD, is a part of GLOBAL UGRAD, a program of the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, U.S. Department of State. NESA UGRAD will award scholarships to outstanding students from countries of the Middle East, North Africa, and South Asia for one-year of undergraduate, non-degree studies programs in the United States at a diverse network of accredited two- and four-year institutions. Participants will be enrolled full-time and will live on-campus with an American roommate. Participants will not select host institutions and placements will not be changed. Possible fields of study include, but are not limited to, the humanities, arts, social sciences, mathematical science, natural and physical sciences,and applied science. Examples of past fields of study can be found on page three.
Who can Apply?
Competition for the NESA UGRAD program is merit-based. Candidates will be considered without respect to race, color, religion, national origin, or gender. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. The competition is open to anyone who:
- Is a citizen, national or permanent resident qualified to hold a valid passport issued by the country from which applicant is applying;
- Is completing his/her final year of secondary school or enrolled in first-, second-, third-year fulltime undergraduate study at the time of application at a registered academic institution in his/her country and is in good academic standing.
- Part-time students or correspondence students are not eligible;
- Is between the ages of 18-25;
- Submits a complete application with all required documents by the application deadline;
- Is able to begin the academic exchange program in the United States in August 2012;
- Is able to receive and maintain a J-1 visa;
- Is committed to returning to his/her home country after completion of the program; and
- Is proficient in spoken and written English at the time of application.
Near East and South Asia: Algeria, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Egypt, India, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Nepal, Oman, Pakistan, Palestinian Territories, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen.
How to Apply
Apply Online at http://www.americancouncilsnetwork.org/nesaugrad/apply/
Undergraduate Exchange Program Website